Since 1990, when MGT Consulting Group (previously MGT of America) completed our first post-Croson disparity study, we have successfully completed 210 studies for public sector clients across the country. MGT has a proven track record of conducting legally defensible disparity studies that have played a vital role in assessing and evaluating the extent of marketplace discrimination, if any, on a national scale. Our mission is to provide high quality, value added consulting solutions that exceed the expectations of our clients and provide a meaningful return on investment to our clients and all other stakeholders. Visit our website at www.mgtconsulting.com to learn more about our services and projects.
We have over 25 years of firsthand experience with the complexities involved in conducting disparity studies aligned with current methodologies and legal standards. To learn more about MGT, please click here.
The team conducting this study include:
FRED SEAMON, PH.D. Executive Vice President
MGT Consulting Group, 1983–Present
- Dr. Seamon has over 30 years of consulting, research, and graduate teaching experience.
- Dr. Seamon has played a major role in over 100 of MGT’s disparity studies
- His disparity study areas of expertise include qualitative research methods, community engagement, and outreach and policy analysis.
Project Responsibilities: Executive in Charge, Legal/Policy Research, Qualitative Research Team Member
REGINALD SMITH Vice President, Disparity Research
MGT Consulting Group, 1999–Present
- Smith is nationally recognized for managing and directing disparity studies and is the leader of MGT’s disparity team and MGT’s disparity study business unit.
- He has directed over three dozen studies since joining MGT and has managed some of the largest disparity studies in the country.
- He played a key role in developing and refining MGT’s methodology and quality standards for conducting disparity studies.
- Spent over 15 years in various managerial and administrative positions with state agencies.
Project Responsibilities: Project Director, Qualitative Research Team Member
VERNETTA MITCHELL Manager, Disparity Services
MGT Consulting Group, 2008–Present
- Mitchell has developed and managed small, minority, and women business programs within local government and private sector companies.
- Has a functional knowledge of procurement processes, construction, and diversity program administration.
- She has extensive knowledge in project management, project scheduling, analytical reporting, facilitation, collection and analysis of qualitative research, and public relations.
- Recruits and manages our disparity study subconsultants.
- Mitchell has directed over a dozen studies as project manager.
Project Responsibilities: Lead Qualitative Researcher, Subcontractor Manager
ANDRES BERNAL, J.D., Senior Consultant
MGT Consulting Group, 2008–Present
- Mr. Bernal has expansive knowledge and a thorough interpretation of legal guidelines that shape the methodologies of disparity research.
- Mr. Bernal has research experience in economic theories, including Microeconomics Theory, Macroeconomic Theory, Econometrics, Regression Analysis, Human and Labor Resource Economics.
- He uses industry standards of statistics and mathematical computation to analyze data.
- Bernal has extensive experience in SAS, SPSS, database design, Excel, Access, and other Microsoft Office Suites.
- In addition, he is fluent in English and Spanish.
Project Responsibilities: Lead Quantitative Researcher, Legal Framework Technical Advisor
ROBERT HOLLOWAY, Director of Practice Operations
MGT Consulting Group, 1999–2013, 2015-Present
- Mr. Holloway has served public institutions and agencies in over 30 states in a diversity of civic, educational, and technological initiatives.
- His current role entails working alongside MGT’s project directors to ensure the effective delivery of all projects in MGT’s Disparity practice, with emphases on quality, budget, and refinement of methodology and approach in each study to best meet client needs.
- In his career, he has served as the project manager or on the project management team for more than $40 million in cumulative project budgets.
- His consulting experiences have focused on socioeconomic market research and stakeholder engagement to assist organizations in strategy and decision making.
Project Responsibilities: Quality Control, Methodology Design, and Quantitative Analysis Support
|Dr. Patrick Mason
Professor of Economics and Director, African American Studies Program at Florida State University
CLG Management, LLC